Tuesday, October 9, 2007

In Rainbows

THANK YOU FOR ORDERING IN RAINBOWS. THIS IS AN UPDATE.

YOUR UNIQUE ACTIVATION CODE(S) WILL BE SENT OUT TOMORROW MORNING (UK TIME). THIS WILL TAKE YOU STRAIGHT TO THE DOWNLOAD AREA.

HERE IS SOME INFORMATION ABOUT THE DOWNLOAD:

THE ALBUM WILL COME AS A 48.4MB ZIP FILE CONTAINING 10 X 160KBPS DRM FREE MP3s.

MOST COMPUTERS NOW HAVE ZIP SOFTWARE AS PART OF THE OPERATING SYSTEM; IF YOUR COMPUTER DOES NOT, YOU NEED TO GET WINZIP OR ZIPIT INSTALLED PRIOR.

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THEM HERE:

PC: http://www.winzip.com/
MAC: http://www.maczipit.com/

IF YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS OR PROBLEMS DOWNLOADING YOUR FILE, PLEASE CONTACT OUR DOWNLOAD CUSTOMER SERVICE TEAM AT
downloadinrainbows@waste.uk.com
I am weirdly excited about this. Since Radiohead falls in the R-Z import phase, I've been sorting through the last couple albums in between bouts of Replacements and Lou Reed and they hold up pretty well.

Of course they hold up. Radiohead is our Pink Floyd (or is Tool our Pink Floyd? depends on what angle you come at it), our U2 (even though I'm old enough to have had U2 the first time) and they deserve the mantle. Those records are perfectly of-their-times and slightly timeless.

OK Computer is the classic end-of-the-century album people make it out to be, and no more really needs to be said about it, but I wish to give a shout-out to Amnesiac, the instantly maligned follow-up to Kid A. The techno-infused tracks rock that cyborg rock with ice-cold blood dripping from its chassis, the swooner hits like "Knives Out" sound like what big hits should sound like, I guess, and "I Might Be Wrong" which is somewhere in between the two might be the best muzak ever made. A man could buy the most tricked out iPod available listening to that song.

3 comments:

  1. I'm too intimidated by the price-it-yourself theme. What did you pay?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I kind of hoped they'd at least put it at 192kbps. I gave em 5 euros, Nat...

    I'm giving it my first listen after lunch.

    ReplyDelete