Monday, October 27, 2008

Review: The Aesthetics of Rock by Richard Meltzer

The Aesthetics of Rock (Da Capo Paperback) The Aesthetics of Rock by Richard Meltzer

My review

rating: 4 of 5 stars
Wow. I'm not sure I got all of it, or what there is there to get besides the process of getting (and perhaps that's really what aesthetics as a discipline is), but this is a maddening, delirious, wonderful book that should be quoted in moments of high-minded, drunken bouts of rock-dude-ery for generations to come.

A favorite quote, one that I should post above my desk, is:

Boredom is actually the greatest automatic soul-endurance move, coupling mere endurance with the endurance of the mere.

View all my reviews.

Ed. Despite the crazy spacing, the embed code thing from GoodReads is rather handy for this x-posting business. Thanks internet elves!

No comments:

Post a Comment