Wednesday, January 28, 2009

25 Radom Things

In response to the Facebook requests for this, and also, I am trying to convince a pre-pneumonial kid to settle down quietly on the couch by ignoring her

  1. The new Luke Skywalker figure looks like he's about to break into song at all times.
  2. I am over the idea of getting a scooter.
  3. I want an iPhone, but the lack of a Rhapsody app for it is keeping me from it.
  4. I wish I had more/better internet reading
  5. I wish I had less total internet reading
  6. Or rather, spent less time doing so.
  7. I wish I read books faster. The Savage Detectives is good, but its taking me forever, and I have a copy of 2666 waiting for me when I finish
  8. I can't even fathom how long it is going to take me to read all 800+ pages of 2666
  9. Which is likely a moot concern, since I never finish any of those giant books (Gravity's Rainbow, Infinite Jest, Ulysses, etc)
  10. I want to in spirit, but not in body.
  11. Maybe if I got an iPhone and could get books put on there, I'd whiz through them.
  12. An iPhone would thereby, make me a smarter person.
  13. I actually do these kinds of internal justifications before buying anything - see any past arguments for a scooter.
  14. I love 24 even though I recognize it is kinda garbage TV.
  15. It is Wild Wild West revisited with a larger budget and no sense of humor.
  16. I really like where I work now, for the first time in years
  17. Except for those three years where I worked for myself. I liked where I worked then.
  18. Beacause it was generally whereever I wanted.
  19. It was the hours and the hustle that killed me.
  20. Not really true, it was the lack of insurance and the constant pushing of my luck with regards to my health that ended that.
  21. I have a hard time imagining that I actually did work for myself and managed to support a family doing so.
  22. It is something I should remind myself in those moments of anxiety - you really can do it
  23. I'd like to take a stab at fiction, but I think my story ideas are all pretty terrible
  24. Not from a self-defeating standpoint, but a "how about this story idea?" perspective.
  25. And also I have started projects to finish and yet, here I am answering facebook requests by talking about doing other things.

No comments:

Post a Comment