Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Spanish Guitar


Peter Walker - Spanish Guitar (lala) I am a fervent lover of nylon string guitars played with mind-bending dexterity, but don't really hold onto the history and traditions that inform this practice, so when I mix metaphors and say this record is the beans in Quetzalcoatl's chili, do not get wound up that Quetzalcoatl is Aztec and this music is Spanish and is , in fact an insulting thing to say. It was the first thing that came to mind, and if it offends you, I am deeply sorry. I am just attempting in my meager, mixed-up way to express to you how divine the twittering, undulating stream of music this is and that the delivery of this music transcends any who-did-what-when musicology that sometimes just muddies the shimmering water of music.

No comments:

Post a Comment