Friday, June 19, 2009

Currently Reading: The World That Made New Orleans by Ned Sublette

per my GoodReads update:

The World That Made New Orleans: From Spanish Silver to Congo Square The World That Made New Orleans: From Spanish Silver to Congo Square by Ned Sublette


My review


Wow, the discussions about the semiotics of the street names in the first pages is blowing my mind. Genius


View all my reviews.


but also shaking different literary foundations is that I am reading it on the Kindle app for the iPhone, which I totally get now. I still think the Kindle device is a bit myopic in what it does, but the ebook experience so far is quite satisfactory.



1 comment:

  1. I'm currently reading this for my thesis and it's been nothing short of revelatory at times. I can't wait for his next book to come out, which seems to pick up where this one leaves off.

    ReplyDelete