Thursday, October 22, 2009

any other blue band



Simple Minds - Empires and Dance (listen) This announcement of once contender-to-be-the-next-U2 Simple Minds and electro-architects turned reluctant pop stars OMD (my first concert, by the way, opening for the Thompson Twins; I wore an OMD shirt with day-glo bones all over it until it fell off my body) getting together to cover Kraftwerk night after night for some reason seems a little odd, but then I'm reminded that Simple Minds was up on the front of the synth-rock-get-down-but-don't-look-like-it thing back in 1980. You know, that thing.


Hoodoo Gurus - Mars Needs Guitars (listen) While we are getting nostalgic, my 1985 pretty much sounded like this record and the Church's Seance (listen). And the Bolshoi (listen) for that matter. I'm gonna stop before I drag out the Screaming Blue Messiahs. Or the Blue Aeroplanes, or any other blue band for that matter.



No comments:

Post a Comment