Friday, November 13, 2009

get that big ass of yours over here and dance with me, baby



Rockpile - Seconds of Pleasure (listen) "Now and Always" is my new favorite song. It could be a black box recording from Buddy Holly's plane, saying everything that needs to be said in the two minutes left to spare.


And this song! A fuzz vamp warning his girl about overeating? Shoot, get that big ass of yours over here and dance with me, baby.


John Prine - John Prine (listen) Speaking of love songs about fat girls, I'm listening up on John Prine for an article and was reminded of the greatest love song ever written (up there with Big Star's "Thirteen") John Prine's "Donald and Lydia" where the fat daughter of Virgina and Ray and her soldier boy make love from ten miles away in the bed of dreams. That is what you call a song.


Belle & Sebastian - The BBC Sessions (listen) and speaking about songs that your would call a song, Belle & Sebastian has so many of them. I could put everything on here up as an example so I'll do what I always do in a pinch, just post the second song on the record.

No comments:

Post a Comment