Monday, March 29, 2010

sausage, dinosaurs, and the scientific method




(1) My official birthday portrait from Maya. (2) I broke out the infinite boogie machine from its case (3) to pry open my third eye on the eve of my 41st birthday. There is no quibbling allowed as to when things start now; I am officially in my forties, which is fine by me. I can't wait until I can start wearing those kick-ass cable knit sweaters and loafers all the time. Fortified by a sausage, cheese, and jalapeño kolache from Ambrosia (4) ,we high-tailed to the Audubon Zoo, that place where famously you were "aks'd" for by all, and almost got eaten by awesome animatronic dinosaurs (5). We flaunt our geographic privilege and new car by hopping over to New Orleans two days in a row. Then back home for (6) homemade goat cheese and sausage pizza and (7) a stellar strawberry cake also from Ambrosia. Today, on the real day, I get to perform my favorite ansillary work task, judge the state science fair (8). It is a lucky man whose life is filled so richly filled with sausage, dinosaurs, and the scientific method.

No comments:

Post a Comment