Thursday, July 1, 2010

whimsy or gravitas or something

100

Maya and I made another trip to the taxidermi-tastic and diorama-rific LSU Museum of Natural History and/or Science. Come along before it gets shuttered in the budget cuts!

111
Except the entrance is actually to your right in this photo

I won't go through everything and have some issues with safari activities, but nonetheless think one of these should be placed above every metal filing cabinet and office supplies closet. Lends the scene some whimsy or gravitas or something.

101
086

Click here for the rest of the photos.

1 comment:

  1. This is one of my favorite spots in BR. Stephen J Gould once wrote an essay for Nature about the elegance and engrossing beauty of "cabinet" museums. I'll take this spot over a modern light show and animatronics any day. Thanks for reminding me.

    ReplyDelete