Friday, August 6, 2010

commence the reception in a darkened gallery


They have Strawberry Cherry Escape at the Walgreens

The Connells, Darker Days
Lloyd Cole, Rattlesnakes
Robyn Hitchcock, I Often Dream of Trains 
R.E.M., Fables of the Reconstruction
The Windbreakers, Time Machine (1982-2002) (thanks for the suggestion, Jorda!)

More jangling and another (day)dream: an art show called Roots in the Earth, Kidneys in the Body after the acapella Robyn Hitchcock song "Furry Green Atom Bowl" and commence the reception in a darkened gallery with a spotlit choir singing the song with laser precision.



From I Often Dream of Trains

My high school friend Duke and I would break into it along with this other babrbershop number from that album.


"Uncorrected Personality Traits"

We also would bust out the raps from "Cool It Now."


"Ronnie, Bobbie, Ricky, and Mike/If I like a girl, who cares who you like?"

No comments:

Post a Comment