Tuesday, August 3, 2010

the quality of these baked goods


Look who lives in a leaf hanging near our driveway!

Josh Russell, My Bright Midnight
Dickie Landry, Fifteen Saxophones
Anthony Braxton, William Parker and Milford Graves
Albert Ayler, Music is the Healing Force of the Universe
Gunter Hampel Group, Music from Europe

  1. I had a dream last night with a free jazz soundtrack, like rackety, let's-throw-music-down-the-stairs fire ritual music. Totally vivid, but...
  2. ...none of it was a vivid as that caterpillar hiding in a leaf near our driveway.
  3. Josh Russell and I were friends in college and are now in Facebook and his book has the same publisher as mine will and despite all that, his new novel is really good. It has an Angela's Ashes gravitational pull to it, a sweet story (so far) touched with enough soot to give it just a little bitterness.
  4. I am really into the Piggly Wiggly that opened down the street, though I feel like I'm stepping out on Calandro's a little. I particularly like the chef guy posted throughout the store (captioned below).
  5. I had to look up the rule about periods and parentheses to finally get it straight (You put a period inside the parentheses only if they contain a full sentence.)


"I am very dissatisfied with the quality of these baked goods!"


We have fun wherever we go.


"Oh, here I am!"

No comments:

Post a Comment