Thursday, September 30, 2010

My next one: "i am setting your heart on fire."


Hey, Myrtle!

Deerhunter, Halcyon Digest
Buckingham Nicks, Buckingham Nicks 
Songs: Ohia, Axxess & Ace
The Twilight Singers featuring Ani Difranco, "Blackbird & the Fox" (via MBV)
The Afghan Whigs, Gentlemen

Media Announcement: I like this new Deerhunter album so much it reminded me that I review albums occasionally and that I should do so with this one. It felt good to bang that one out; I should do that more often. There is no Record Crate for this week, for my day job has had the audacity of taking up my days lately.


Deerhunter, "Desire Lines"

After yammering about it here, my friend Roby Rameauxn gave me his parents' vinyl copy of Buckingham Nicks post the Richard Buckner and the three of us nerded out over the cover for a bit, and my rude ego has precluded me from thanking him for it publicly until now. Thanks, Rob! This record totally does it for me. I hope I never get to a state of bitter decrepitude where records don't do it for me any more.


Throw me like a magnet to the sea.

I saw the phrase "captain gorgeous" somewhere on Facebook and it made me think of "Captain Badass" by Songs:Ohia. Great song; best song title. If I had unlimited time and mad fiction skills, I would crank out a zillion hipster short story collections titled all with vague song lines in lowercase on the cover like the kids do these days. My next one: "i am setting your heart on fire."


Wait... do we get a second chance or not in this life?

I love Greg Dulli. I wrote this thing about him and his bands years ago, and it might not be my favorite thing I ever wrote, but it is my favorite title.


The Afghan Whigs, "Be Sweet" (Live)

No comments:

Post a Comment