Saturday, January 29, 2011

I am the February 2011 king of introductory source material

IMG_6795
Sweet Abe from Mardi Gras World. One of these days I'll take some more pix somewhere.

Friday afternoon
Anthony Braxton & Chris Dahlgren, ABCD
Sigfried Palm, Intercomunicazione - Cello Recital 

Saturday afternoon
The Rolling Stones, Exile on Main Street
Little Milton, Rockin' the Blues
Slim Harpo, The Best of Slim Harpo
Funkadelic, America Eats Its Young

Namecheck alert: In his forthcoming Louisiana travel book Louisiana Rambles, Ian McNulty somehow recollects some possibly inebriated blather from me at Teddy's Juke Joint in his intro (down at the end). Also, in this month's Country Roads, editor James Fox-Smith puts me in his intro as well. I am the February 2011 king of introductory source material. Call me for your project! Reasonable rates apply. In the same issue of Country Roads, I take a shot at saying new things about perennial favorites The Chimes, Jazz Fest and the  Manship Theatre.

When Funkadelic is good, they are the best band in the world. Also tzatziki sauce! It's what's for lunch every day from now on. Or at least on what's on.


Funkadelic, "Loose Booty"

No comments:

Post a Comment