Monday, May 30, 2011

let me ride


Swing down, spaceship-shaped poached egg atop udon in a mildly sweet seafood broth, and let me ride.

Fela, Authority Stealing (Parts 1 & 2)
The Budos Band, The Budos Band II
Face of Man, Face of Man
George Clinton & the P-Funk All-Stars, T.A.P.O.A F.O.M.
Jennifer Egan, A Visit from the Goon Squad
OutKast, Aquemini

"The awesome power of a fully operational mothership", that is. Thank the mighty Ned Sublette for that deacronymization and recommendation. You know the mothership is in the Smithsonian now, right?



I'm just into Goon Squad, thinking it's good and all, but Pulitzer good? and what is Pulitzer good? Is that like Oscar good? And then whoom, it all of a sudden got good good. Like, with some magical realism time twister business, like the prediction vignettes in Perfume or the final of the finale of Six Feet Under but better, more human and a little devastating but not anihilative. Yet anyway. Get on with your funky self, Jennifer Egan!

1 comment:

  1. Brought it with me to Paris. Glad you are into it. Now I'm moving it up on my stack...

    ReplyDelete