Thursday, September 8, 2011

doctor's office coffee

IMG_0578
Oversaturating the murals in front of Allen Hall, sure, but I like that blue.

The Peärls Before Swïne Experience, Debris Reassembled
Beruit, The Rip Tide
The Decemberists, The Crane Wife
Rufus Wainwright, Poses
and All Days are Nights: Songs for Lulu
Various Artists, A Monstrous Psychedelic Bubble Exploding in Your Mind

  • In this week's Record Create for 225: Funkadelic, Paul Burch and a review of the Drive-By Truckers show last week where the hand-bandaged Patterson Hood was a one-winged dove, singing his songs like I haven’t heard him sing them before, and I’ve seen them eight or nine times.
     
  • OK, The "cultural happening" Peärls Before Swïne Experience is not "American psychedelic band" Pearls Before Swine, lest you get confused like I was. I figured The Excessively Umlauted Experience to be a  re-package like Credence Clearwater Reunion, except for a band that only I care about. The Experience deals in that sort of dream logic post-atonal chamber music of which I am still the only person that cares about it, so same diff probably.
     
  • Rock flute-wise, Focus owns it at the one-minute mark.


    Focus, "Anonymous II"
     
  • Nothing is as equally comforting and yet undrinkable to me as doctor's office coffee. I've had allergies turning into a cough into tuberculosis over the past two weeks so I went. The walk-in doctor looked like a tiny head perched on the frame of a basketball player in David Byrne's baggy labcoat. He spoke my diagnosis into his phone with such a confident flair, it floored me. Torpedos are fired in a less cocksure manner. He said it goes to DragonSpeak software that dictates it for him  but he has to speak in in a certain way to get it to register with any accuracy.
     
  • The doctor's office coffee and the wheelchair-bound true believers smoking outside the sliding doors of the clinic made me think of this song. 


    Rufus Wainwright, "Cigarettes and Chocolate Milk"

No comments:

Post a Comment