Monday, January 30, 2012

grocery store roses

Image



We put a lava lamp in the music room to enhance the grooviness


Saturday:

Troll Hunter




Sunday:

The Rolling Stones, Aftermath

The Libertines, Up the Bracket
Edward P. Jones, The Known World




Monday:

The Monkees, Pisces, Aquarius, Capricorn & Jones Ltd.

Louisiana Saturday Night Spotify playlist
Mount Analogue, Observations and Motion
Wye Oak, Civilian




I put together a

Louisiana Saturday Night playlist

of Cajun, zydeco, blues, New Orleans music and swamp pop as it appears in the book. There's a lot of stuff I want to include that isn't on Spotify, but it gets the idea across.


A giveaway for the book is to be staged through this very website, as soon as I get the details sorted.


---




I had lunch at the stockyard and then watched a cattle auction, all as part of an assignment. Nothing will make your face itch more than an auctioneer babbling numbers in the $900 range. Look for the tale in the March issue of

Country Roads

and find out if I inadvertently bought a cow or not.

Image




The camellias are at a full rage just out our back step. There is a wall of them separating us from the neighbors, really one of my favorite things about our house. They got in my dreams - I was in a room in my house where I saw a small blond leather version of a camellia on a long stem like grocery store roses. When I picked it up to look at it, another appeared in its place, and then every time I turned my head, there were more and more, stacked up in piles so the leather flower whorls pointed out, until they filled up the whole room.


---


Used to be, if someone would ask me what kind of movies I like, I'd say I don't really like movies, but now I'll say the kind of movies I like is Troll Hunter.










---




Maya is teaching me to play drums, part of a twofold plan involving  1) learning to play drums and 2) doing a parenting half-nelson to get her to practice, and she is actually really good at putting a musical idea across. Like she's patient, but not infinitely so, which is pretty much my approach to teaching. And everything.


No comments:

Post a Comment