Sunday, April 8, 2012

Twin Killers, Manship Theatre, Baton Rouge 4/7/2012




Wow. Gorgeous and confounding and poetic and challenging and what I want art to do to me. So much going on in this concert - strings + choir + tattooed hippie girls with LED hula hoops + Jessica Ramsey's cathartic, illuminated diary page poetry + dudes rocking out to the max + films - the night was rife with "oh shit, something's happening" convergences. It was like Sufjan Stevens finally having that nervous breakdown, coming out the other side as Iron Man, killing the people he once saved. That there was a packed house for a local band doing something this grand and weird warms my heart.

Plus, I love these guys. They killed (pardon the pun) with their cover of "Dazed and Confused" as well; I hope a video emerged of that one soon that includes head Killer Andrew Martin's dad exploding out of his seat after. I felt the same way.

Here is the little preview piece I did for the show, and a piece I did about them back in November 2010. I know, I know. Get a room, already.

No comments:

Post a Comment