Sunday, September 2, 2012

I AM IN YOUR MEDIA

Photo by Noel Marcantel

Friday:
The Avett Brothers, The Carpenter (via NPR)
Divine Fits, A Thing Called the Divine Fits
Harlan, Nite Loop
Metric, Synthetica Reflections

Sunday:
Sunn 0))), Che, Black One, Monoliths & Dimensions and White 1

I AM IN YOUR MEDIA: Dig Baton Rouge did a story about the Adult Music Club I go to every Wednesday night. The above pic shamed me into learning "Surrender".

The September 2012 OffBeat has my reviews of Showarama Hot Trio,  the Normals, and Harlan. Nite Loop is right on; in fact, I'm putting it on right now even after I reviewed it. Like put a compact disc in an actual compact disc-playing device. Again. I don't do that for just anybody. Like Divine Fits: I will be all about them today but will likely never listen to them again. It's that kind of record. Listen to it now until the feeling passes!

The September Country Roads has my profile of 23-year-old blues player Jonathon "Boogie" Long. "Face melting" is discussed.

I might have more stuff coming out this week but I don't want to seem boastful. You are welcome! Everything is great, though! So what if my street is still red on the Entergy map. Everything is coming up fried green tomatoes! Everything! I'm not acting excited to mask my disappointment!

IMG_3430
From Chelsea's. Best thing on their menu.

No comments:

Post a Comment